enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.444

Moderator: admin

jayrmotta

enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.444

Post by jayrmotta »

A client cannot access XLocal so it is not required in the client jar.
A client has no knowledge of the implementation code, so XBean is not required in the client jar.
Since XRemote uses Order, it needs to be in the client jar.
Stub class are generated by the container. They need not be packaged in the client jar.

The client view of an enterprise bean is comprised of the business interfaces or home and component interfaces of the referenced enterprise bean and other classes that these interfaces depend on, such as their super classes and super interfaces, the classes and interfaces used as method parameters, results, and exceptions. The serializable application value classes, including the classes which may be used as members of a collection in a remote method call to an enterprise bean, are part of the client view. An example of an application value class might be an Address class used as a parameter in a method call.
Question, why "A client cannot access XLocal so it is not required in the client jar."? I understand the "client jar" part, but it could be on the same JVM and use XLocal, or I'm confused?

admin
Site Admin

Re: enthuware.oce-ejbd.v6.2.444

Post by admin »

It is clear from the question that the client is going to use ejb-client-jar and therefore, it is not necessarily a part of the server side (or the part that implements the beans). Running within the same JVM is not the criteria for being able to use local interface. As per section 3.2.2, "Access to an enterprise bean through the local client view is only required to be supported for local clients packaged within the same application as the enterprise bean that provides the local client view."

Though I agree that the question should make it clear that the client is not necessarily a part of the same application.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.