About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1311 :

All the posts and topics that contain only an error report will be moved here after the error is corrected. This is to ensure that when users view a question in ETS Viewer, the "Discuss" button will not indicate the presence of a discussion that adds no value to the question.

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

bptoth

About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1311 :

Post by bptoth »

Maybe I don't understand the terminology correctly, but what does "Only top-level nested classes can be declared static" mean?
E.g. in my understanding in the below example class A is the "top-level nested class", and it can apparently embed another static nested class

Code: Select all

public class TestClass {
	static class A {
		static class B {
		}
	}
}

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.ocpjp.v7.2.1311 :

Post by admin »

Both A and B are top level nested classes by the virtue of they being nested inside another class and also being declared static. So I am not sure what is the issue.
-Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

beasanca

Post by beasanca »

Hi, when in the last answer says "Static inner class" it refers to "Static Nested class"?
Because what I´ve understood from oracle docs is that Inner Classes can not be Static.
thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There has been a lot of confusion in terminology. As of JSL 7 ( http://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls ... ml#jls-8.1 ) :

A top level class is a class that is not a nested class.
A nested class is any class whose declaration occurs within the body of another class or interface.
An inner class is a nested class that is not explicitly or implicitly declared static.
An inner class is a nested class that is not explicitly or implicitly declared static.

So you are right. It should say static nested class. Fixed.

thank you for your feedback!
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

shareef.hiasat

Post by shareef.hiasat »

admin wrote:There has been a lot of confusion in terminology. As of JSL 7 ( http://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls ... ml#jls-8.1 ) :

A top level class is a class that is not a nested class.
A nested class is any class whose declaration occurs within the body of another class or interface.

So you are right. It should say static nested class. Fixed.

thank you for your feedback!
Paul.

:roll: The problem not fixed i have updated version , and still saying on the last answer
A static inner class can contain a non - static inner class.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see that it has been updated in the question bank. Could you please download the question bank again (even if it is the same version) Here is the link: http://enthuware.com/downloads/jqplusv7.ets

-Paul.