Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Exam Result

Post by admin »

Thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

futurecap

Post by futurecap »

I just wanted to say thank you! Yesterday, I passed the 1Z0-819-J (after failing in january and about a week ago). :-D

Three enthuware tests above 80 % were enough in my case, to be able to just pass the exam.

PS: Mind the "retake policy" which says, you are allowed to try 4 times in a 12 months period and that you have to wait 5 days between tries from home ("proctored exam").

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations!
Thanks for your feedback.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

karamba

Post by karamba »

Today I failed with 65% which is bit unfortunate.

I was able to finish on time and I was able do the same with enthuware tests.
Unfortunately my "no timing problem" comes with costs that each test I tend to oversight some things / do stupid mistakes.
At this moment I know precisely about three answers I did mistake, because as usual, I oversight absolutely clear thing which drives me mad :)

I would say that pass it on 68% with 90 minutes is definitely doable when you train also "testing" skills and minimize oversight issues.
Unfortunately this 90 minutes doesn't leave you with room to do backward control so If you do "stupid" mistake, you most likely won't have time to spot it and correct it, so you have to be precise.

But of course you are also in hand of random generator :)

I had 3-4 module questions and they were definitely from category easy/very easy on the other hand one question on loops was from category where I would need pen, paper and 10 minutes to analyze it properly, so in this case you really have to "short circuit" based on knowledge/experience. (there I didn't do mistake which is funny)

I had also at least 2 Java I/O API questions which one of them I believe was unscored.

Enthuware tests are great for preparation and give you good grasp what to expect on exam, thank you for them.

Before I started enthuware tests I studied 819-books from Scott Selikoff and Jeanne Boyarsky.
My enthuware average was 64% with range from 58% to 76%, with last three tests being 68,75,76.

I know that I am able to pass it when I minimize stupid errors on things I know "well", I will do one more pass of all 22 enthuware tests to practice and will try it it next few days.

noeloo

Post by noeloo »

@karamba, you've mentioned pen and paper - I think it means that you were attempting the exam from the examination center, am I right? I think it's worth mentioning that the software imitating them is extremely poor and irritating during home exams - similar to Paint, but worse ;) for example you cannot really edit text once you get the focus out of it, you cannot use ctrl + arrows to navigate through words, and you need to put some time into this tool only..

karamba

Post by karamba »

@noello, I had it online proctored. I wanted to have pen and paper which I didn't have, only their software which was similar to paint as you said, while it is definitely better than nothing, it can't be compared to pen and paper. Also, I am not sure what was name of button which "start" exam, but I somehow didn't realize that with "that" click exam will start "right away" so I clicked it and then froze literally for 5 minutes on first problem because I was surprised that I started it already. but that's my bad xD (20 minutes before scheduled time, which was fine for me, but also surprising).

minajev3

Post by minajev3 »

Hello!
1) Can somebody maybe tell some tips how to answer questions faster? I believe I am strong enough to pass exam with unlimited time, but still never in 1.8min for question. I have 2.2min for question, and get it lower is really hard.
If there is a topic about that I would be glad to see it

2) And I heard about that when you pay for exam there is one free retake. Is it working for 1z0-819-j( exam for anniversary price)?

minajev3

Post by minajev3 »

Hmmmmm! I saw interesting detail. People report results for 819 exam here - for example 65% 89% 51%.
But HOW can you get odd result % if there is 50 questions?? result in 819 always should be even!
Maybe in questions like where is 2 right answers and 5 options you get at least some points for answering one of them right?
Sorry if it is already well known info and I am just being annoying here. But I never heard about that in any guide and Enthuware tests clearly does not count half answered questions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is well known that the exam may contain a few unscored questions. These are questions that Oracle wants to test out before accepting them as regular scored questions in their question bank.
Since these unscored questions are not counted towards your final score, the total number of counted or scored questions may not always be 50. It could be 49 or even 48. Therefore, it is possible to get an odd number for % of questions answered correctly.

karamba

Post by karamba »

After first attempt which I failed(65%), I did my second and scored 80%, thank you Enthuware team!

This time I went to testing center, I was given, pen, paper and I was definitely calmer than I was during online proctored exam.
I can only recommend to those who might be nervous, to do exam in person.

One definitely can do online proctored exam and succeed, but at least for me, benefits of pen and paper and not thinking of being watched works better.

runforrestrun

Post by runforrestrun »

karamba wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:50 am
After first attempt which I failed(65%), I did my second and scored 80%, thank you Enthuware team!

This time I went to testing center, I was given, pen, paper and I was definitely calmer than I was during online proctored exam.
I can only recommend to those who might be nervous, to do exam in person.

One definitely can do online proctored exam and succeed, but at least for me, benefits of pen and paper and not thinking of being watched works better.
@Karamba, were you able to make use of the Java 25 years promotion twice?

karamba

Post by karamba »

@runforrestrun
Yes I was able to.

AntavaMondal

Post by AntavaMondal »

karamba wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:07 am
@runforrestrun
Yes I was able to.
@Karamba

How were you able to make use of the Java 25 years promotion twice?
Could you elaborate on the process?

karamba

Post by karamba »

@AntavaMondal

After 48 hours period I was curious if I could register again for discounted exam, and I was able to.
Of course I thought that it is only error, so asked one of Oracle education sales rep we have assigned if I can again register again for "discounted" exam.

I was told that at beginning that discount was indeed valid only for one exam attempt, but then they wanted to be more customer centric and they allow another attempt for discounted price.
(I really don't know if this means that each attempt until 25th April will be discounted or only second one).

Sieusc

Post by Sieusc »

karamba wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:07 am
@runforrestrun
Yes I was able to.
How does one do this? I've contacted support but no response so far.

I am too wondering if this would be able within the 25 dollar exam voucher (and if this would also be possible after the 25th april, which I would think is not possible... but who knows).

No response from Oracle so far, so was wondering if somebody has an answer to this.

maria_maria

Post by maria_maria »

Saturday, I've passed the 1Z0-819 exam with 78%. I've went more calmer knowing that I might have another chance later this week to take it again after I read the posts from this thread. I do not know for sure if that would have been possible tho.
I wish all the luck in the world for those who attend it and trust yourselves because the exam might seem more difficult than it actually is(my average Enthuware mock exams was 61%).

Enthuware: Thank you so much for this wonderful test bank. I do not think I could have passed the exam without it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, Maria!
Happy to know that our question bank was helpful in your preparation!

AntavaMondal

Post by AntavaMondal »

Hi All,
I successfully cleared 1Z0-819-J certification exam on 18th of this month with a score of 76%.
Firstly, I would like to thank Scott Selikoff and Jeanne Boyarsky for providing us with OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 11 Programmer I & II Study Guide to prepare well for the exam. It really helped me to know the boundaries of the syllabus in depth.
Then, I would like to extend my gratitude to Enthuware question bank for the in-depth series of questions. I can clearly state that the entire set has played a huge role in helping me clear the exam. It covers the topics really well.

Since I had very less time to prepare, I started with Topic-wise tests and then went on with the 22 test series. I scored an average of 56% in the Enthuware tests as few topics were completely new to me. I made sure that I revisit those topics before taking the actual exam.

On the whole, I completely agree with Maria's words that the exam might seem more difficult than it actually is. So, to all those who are going to take this exam in the coming week and after, All the very best!
Thank you.

menelaus

Post by menelaus »

Hi All,

I am happy to announce that i have passed 1Z0-819-J with score of 76% on 22th of March.
I have solved every Enhtuware tests. After failing first couple of them, i had passed successful score. My overall average was around 84%.
The forum was helpful to understand mistakes that i have made. I focused on the topics that i have struggled and solved objective-wise tests to adopt them.
In the exam, I was so nervous that i could not understand what i was reading like for the first 10 minutes. Then, i could calm down a little and focused more on the questions. While solving the mock exams, i always set the timer so it really helped me manage time during the exam. I am glad that I took the exam in testing center because pen and paper were definitely crucial for me. Maybe, it was me but I had to use them more then I had thought.

Thank you Enhtuware team!

S3R3N1TY

Post by S3R3N1TY »

Hello folks,

I also want to thank Enthuware team for your mock exams.
I am a junior java developer.
Last summer I passed OCA 808 with 81% and I wasn't working as Java developer yet by that time.

Today I passed OCP-819 with second attempt, my result is 76% and I am very happy that finally, I don't need to repeat all topics every day :)
My first attempt was 1.5 month ago with score 60%. By that time, I didn't pass all mock tests, my score was about 57%-60%, but I decided to risk and take exam for 25$.
After that I took a pause and read books, practiced a lot and increased my mock exams score to 80%. Also, I retook my previous mock tests, where the score was 57%, now I got from 74% to 82%.
On my first attempt at the end of the exam, I had only 4 minutes for review. and on my second I had 30 minutes.

Good luck everybody and believe in yourself !

minajev3

Post by minajev3 »

Hi! I did it today! 70 % from first time. Worked as a slave to pass it in time for discount price.
I had started to learn Java from complete zero just 4 months ago as 31 year old guy, not English native speaker. It was more like a bet with my friend Senior Java Dev.
There was times when I really regret that I started that exam race. Amount of workhours needed to pass that thing from zero is comparable to amount of workhours needed to prepare for full Iron Man triathlon competition as regular guy. (I have few Iron Mans in my family)
Funny thing is that I have read just about 120 pages from Boyarsky Selikoff OCP part 2 just to cover topics I had 0 idea about.
Main thing that I did for preparation is just taking Enthuware mock tests. I took every single test from etsviewer and worked through every single question(1200 questions by the way.). My last day exams was 71, 76 78. But I started from 50% and first 5 tests was 60 or below.
Overall I recommend to use book as catalog to check out weakest topics. By the way I used just IDE to test code and study, although it is recommended to use notepad or whatever. I think it is much more valuable to take and work through as much tests as you can than use console to run apps.
Exam was a bit easier than in etsviewer in terms of that I could do most of them faster than usualy in etsviewer. Except there was one question that required really more than 5 minutes to compile, and I really double checked if there is option - Will not compile, but there was 7 options (2 of them right) and no - not compile option. I recommend skip that kind of question, and return later. I had some time at the end of the test to do it but I really decided - fck it ! there is no point to do it I will pass anyway. After taking all tests in etsviewer I was experienced enough to know for sure that I already pass.
Another thing what I wanted to note, that at least in our local test center computer was piece of shit. Monitor was with wrong resolution(not native) so picture was squeezed and distracting. Testing software also looks even 10 years older than etsviewer , it was like back to windows 95)))
Just expect that. Just because I took 22 etsviewer tests it was not deal breaker for me.

Thank you Enthuware, I would had no chance to pass that test without you.

mauriciojose.orta

Post by mauriciojose.orta »

Hello.

I just signed up to come here and thank you. Last friday (April 23rd) I took the 1Z0-819-J exam after deciding to try my luck with that very rare and generous aniversary discount. To my surprise, I managed to pass the exam in my first attempt with a 82% score with less than 3 weeks of preparation.

Despite I already had at least 2 and a half years of work experience, it was mostly with Java 8 and I definitely had to study a lot to have good chances of passing. Enthuware's mock exams became my greatest tool for success and they turned out to be a pretty accurate simulation of what I came accross in the real exam.

My advice is to pay attention to what you get wrong in your firsts mock exams (which will be surely a lot of points) and learn it through all means necessary (books, Java docs, videos, IDE and console practices) until you really understand it. When you consistently get an average score of 75% or more in the mock exams (which was my case in my last days before the exam) then you have pretty good chances of nailing it. Also, make sure to improve your timing and be as fast but effective as possible because time is money in the real exam.

Monteragi

Post by Monteragi »

Today I passed OCP 819 exam successfully. The score is 70% but I would like to mention that during exam I have technical problems with their software and lost aprox. 10 minutes of my time =(. So for some questions I had to answer by guessing due lack of time.

Last three passed enthuware tests were around 70% - 75%. So I can conclude more or less it equals to real exam.

For my initial training I used whizlabs simulation OCP test and I was absolutely disappointed by it. It has bank of 60 questions only! One question is with mistake and no assistance from their support regarding it. It's not worth it.

Nevertheless I decided to use opportunity to pass OCP for 25 dollars week ago. I failed it with 59%.

I had a strong motivation to pass OCP as it was final requirement for promotion.
I have find a good feedback regarding enthuware training tests somewhere in the net and decided to try it before exam retake.

I had serious training using enthuware tests whole last week.
I would say it's a true gem! I'm very glad that I found this wonderful tool.
Every test showed me some knowledge drawbacks. It's helped my a a lot.
I was really surprised by fast constructive response from admin forum regarding problematic questions.

Thanks a lot for such helpful tool!
Last edited by Monteragi on Sun May 02, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations to all who passed the OCP Java 11 Developer certification exam.
We are happy to know that our material was helpful in your preparation.

Please do give us a shout out on Twitter by commenting on this post: https://twitter.com/Enthuware/status/13 ... 9510737920

thank you!

toffefe

Post by toffefe »

I have passed today the 1Z0-817 exam.

Starter test: 73%
test I: 82%
Test II: 82%
Last day test: 75%

Exam:74%

I can confirm that the real exam questions are very similar with what I have encountered during tests done on this platform.