Re: About the Enthuware simulator

Post by TwistedLizard »

Thank you.
Other than the answers part, of course.
Really? :)

Rick84

Post by Rick84 »

There seems to be a bug when continuing a test that is in progress. When you double click a question from the test overview, a dialog pops up asking you if you wish to continue from the selected question (YES), or from where you left it last (NO). When I choose 'NO' it always starts at question 1 instead of where I left off.

This with Enthuware Test Studio v3.93, build: 20180516 on Windows 10, Java 10.0.2.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If the test is finished, it will start from where ever you click. If the test is still on going then it remembers your place. We have noted your feedback and improve it.

thank you for your feedback!
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Chopps

Post by Chopps »

I like to add comments/notes to questions right after I answer them.
I need to be quick with my notes because the time keeps running while I'm writing, I think you should add the option to enable time pause when adding comments.

Also, I have the same behavior as Rick mentioned regarding continuing exam on selected question or where I left off. My exam is still in progress, I select "No" to continue where I left off and It takes me to question 1.

I am running v3.93, build: 20180516 on Windows 10, Java 1.8.0_161

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is how it is supposed to function when the test is paused (note, paused, not finished):
1. If double click on a row, it pops up a dialog asking you about where you want to start the test from. See attached image test1.png. I paused the test when I was at q7. Then on the review screen, I double clicked on q3 and this dialog popped up.
test1.png
test1.png (41.12 KiB) Viewed 55811 times
2. When I clicked Yes, the q3 was displayed. I.e. the restarted from question no 3.
3. Did the same thing again. i.e. went up to q7, clicked on Review, and then Pause, and then double clicked on No. In this case, question 7 was displayed. i.e. test restarted from question no 7.

4. When the test is already finished, this popup is not shown and the user is simply taken to the question they double clicked.

Please let us know if the steps that you took so that we can reproduce the behavior that you described.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think I have found the issue that you are talking about. The problem that you have described happens when you close the test window and reopen it. In this case, the test starts from question 1.

We have applied a fix to address this issue. Please try the new viewer jar: http://enthuware.com/etsviewer/etsviewernew.jar and let me know if this works for you.

HTH,
Paul.

charlie909

Post by charlie909 »

Enthuware Test Studio v3.93 is not working on my laptop and it shows windows update error 80070103 whenever I tried to run it. Any idea about this kind of error?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, idea. Please follow this https://enthuware.com/help/faq/111-inst ... ot-working
and email us the details.

DazedTurtle

Post by DazedTurtle »

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 am
TwistedLizard wrote:To what extent does the simulator simulate the actual test in terms of the gui?
It is quite close. Other than the answers part, of course.
So, just to be clear: In the actual test, I can go back and forth between questions? Because there were a couple times in the mock exam where I went back to correct my answer for an earlier question when I realized I was wrong based on how a later question was written.

Also, based on these posts:
gparLondon wrote:
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:27 am
  • This software does not prompt for incorrect number of answers. As in if there were 3 options to select and I did only 2 selections It does not complain. Is it the same with the actual exam?
admin wrote:
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:52 am
Yes, but you will see it as incomplete on the review screen. If you try to select more options, it does not let you. It is same in the exam as well.
So the actual exam will show the number of correct answers? Because I noticed the option for the mock exam to not display the number of correct answers, and I can't think of why anyone would want that unless it was to better simulate the exam.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

>just to be clear: In the actual test, I can go back and forth between questions?

Yes, you can.

>So the actual exam will show the number of correct answers

Yes.

>Because I noticed the option for the mock exam to not display the number of correct answers, and I can't think of why anyone would want that unless it was to better simulate the exam.

Many students want to make the test harder by not getting any clue through the number of correct options that a question has.

noeloo

Post by noeloo »

I have a minor problem with using Enthuware simulator on Ubuntu. I wonder if you could help me here.

The thing concerns Enthuware window. What is interesting is that in only occur with the exam window, opened from the exams list (not the main window with a list).

When I use alt + tab to switch between windows, normally the current window (after switching) is moved to the left on the applications list. This does not happen with the exam window, which makes it quite uncomfortable to navigate between the exam and the browser.

Do you have any idea what is to be blamed for it?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So, let's say you are on ETS Viewer window (i.e. the etviewer main window is focused). Now, if you do Al+Tab twice, you don't get back to ETS Viewer window. Am I understanding it correctly?

noeloo

Post by noeloo »

Not really. First of all, there is no problem with main window, only the exam window.
Second, that depends on how many applications are open and which is the current position of ETS viewer on the applications list.

But let's assume I just opened ETS viewer, so it's first on the list, and second is Firefox. For the first time it will work fine, when I alt + tab it'll switch to Firefox (then the order changes - Firefox is first and ETS viewer is second). When I want to come back it will also work (because ETS viewer is second). But then the order should change again like it happens with all other apps. The ETS viewer should come to the beginning of the list. But it's not happening, it stays at the end, so when I want to switch to Firefox, I have to use alt + tab two times (one time will go to ETS viewer, so nothing will effectively change).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I see what you are saying. This behavior is implemented by the OS. We haven't tried to customize it in anyway at all. It has something to do with the interaction between the OS and the JVM. Also, the exam window is a modal dialog (and not a frame). So, when the exam window is a open the focus should to it (and not the main frame) when you alt tab into it.
We will dig more and see if we can do something about it.