About the Enthuware simulator

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

gparLondon

About the Enthuware simulator

Post by gparLondon »

• This software does not prompt for incorrect number of answers. As in if there were 3 options to select and I did only 2 selections It does not complain. Is it the same with the actual exam?
  • In the end it just pops up a message saying you should end now, but it did not end automatically, I don't think this should be the same in the actual exam right?

admin
Site Admin

Re: About the Enthuware simulator

Post by admin »

Yes, but you will see it as incomplete on the review screen. If you try to select more options, it does not let you. It is same in the exam as well.

Yes, in the end, the real exam just ends. Since the simulator is for learning purpose, no one but you have to monitor yourself :)

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

gparLondon

Post by gparLondon »

Will it not prompt that, you should select 3 answers when one has 2 selections in the real exam?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, but please remember that their UI may change from country to country and device to device.
HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

gparLondon

Post by gparLondon »

How can I strike-thru answers on screen without affecting my answer selection, in Enthuware?

Regards,
GPAR

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

By right clicking an option.

gparLondon

Post by gparLondon »

Sorry, but I am unable to achieve it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you mean that when you right click on an option, it doesn't cross out as shown in attached image? If so, please make sure you have the latest version of ETS Viewer.
crossing out option.png
crossing out option.png (13.68 KiB) Viewed 78351 times

gparLondon

Post by gparLondon »

Thanks, I got the new version and strikethrough option is working. Havent tried the full test and dont know about the view of the review page.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our simulator allows you to finish a test from anywhere because this is a learning tool and many people don't want to be limited in what they can or cannot do. So we try to stay as close as possible to the actual exam interface and yet provide as many features as possible that make it super convenient to focus on learning the content rather than learning how to use simulator.

From experience, we can tell you that if you lose marks, it will most probably be because you did not understand the question and not because you got confused by their software. So don't worry too much about it :)

-Paul.

sumanenthu

Post by sumanenthu »

Regarding the OCPJP7 exam simulator I got to know that it contains 607 questions. Can I visit each question at least once if I go through all the practice tests?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not the practice tests. You should use the Standard Tests. They cover all the questions.
-Paul.

sumanenthu

Post by sumanenthu »

admin wrote:Not the practice tests. You should use the Standard Tests. They cover all the questions.
-Paul.
Yes I wanted to mention standard tests. Thanks Paul.

rvt1234

Post by rvt1234 »

Not sure if this is the right forum,

but would it be possible to add a function to select code in the question area
so it can be pasted in a editor? Currently there is 'copy view text' but it add's incorrect/invalid UTF characters and includes the questions so we need to edit it in a editor to get working code.

The code now looks like this:Image

It would be nice if I can just select the code I need that's already properly formatted, this with correct linebreaks and not the incorrect utf characters.
I looked in a hex editor and the characters added a re : A0 C2

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sure, rvt, we will work on it asap.

Paul.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ETS Viewer's latest version 3.72 lets you copy the code from the problem statement without junk characters.
To do so, right click on the code (no selection is required) and click "Copy view text" menu item to copy all the contents of the problem statement to clipboard.

This menu is displayed only if there is code in the problem statement. Otherwise, you can just highlight the text you want to copy and click control+c.

HTH,
Paul.

r.sangeetha29

Post by r.sangeetha29 »

Is this option also available in the real exam?

berniece.koch

Post by berniece.koch »

Today I had to update the Full Question Bank of OCP Java SE 8 Programmer II Exam (OCPJP-II) 1Z0-809 from your servers. Could I know which changes did you do between this version and the earlier?

Thanks in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There were only a few minor typos that were fixed. No new questions were added.

Username987654

Post by Username987654 »

admin wrote:ETS Viewer's latest version 3.72 lets you copy the code from the problem statement without junk characters.
To do so, right click on the code (no selection is required) and click "Copy view text" menu item to copy all the contents of the problem statement to clipboard.

This menu is displayed only if there is code in the problem statement. Otherwise, you can just highlight the text you want to copy and click control+c.

HTH,
Paul.
I'm using Enthuware Test Studio v3.82 Build : 20170401, it appears that when I used the above technique (with TextPad), (808: Test 2: Question 6) Movable.java is the only file that javac doesn't complain about regarding the special characters, while Donkey.java and TestClass.java don't fare as well. What am I missing and/or what's the most effective way of making the entire copy and paste happen? Thanks in advance!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried it just now. Right clicked and selected "Copy View Text". All of the class compiled fine. No special characters were copied. Of course, you will need to remove the line that says, "Identify the correct statement(s)."
-Paul.

Cannelids

Post by Cannelids »

I have the same question as berniece.koch a couple of posts back, but for the OCP 8 (1Z0-804) – wondering whether there any new questions

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No new questions.

TwistedLizard

Post by TwistedLizard »

To what extent does the simulator simulate the actual test in terms of the gui?

In particular:
Does the real test allow you to select, by dragging through, sections of code that I'm trying to think about?
Does the real test offer the right-click strike-through facility?
Does the real test let you mark questions as you proceed and offer a link to a review where you can see what's answered, what's marked and then jump to any question?
Does the real test have a timer at the top?

I'm assuming the real test doesn't tell you what topic is being tested, or how difficult the question is.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TwistedLizard wrote:To what extent does the simulator simulate the actual test in terms of the gui?
It is quite close. Other than the answers part, of course.
In particular:
Does the real test allow you to select, by dragging through, sections of code that I'm trying to think about?
No.
Does the real test offer the right-click strike-through facility?
Yes.
Does the real test let you mark questions as you proceed and offer a link to a review where you can see what's answered, what's marked and then jump to any question?
Yes.
Does the real test have a timer at the top?
Yes.
I'm assuming the real test doesn't tell you what topic is being tested, or how difficult the question is.
Correct.