1Z0-815 Book (Second Edition, August 1, 2020 Build 2.1): Typo in Chapter 1 figures

JJJ2020

1Z0-815 Book (Second Edition, August 1, 2020 Build 2.1): Typo in Chapter 1 figures

Post by JJJ2020 »

Hi:

I love the book. Too bad about Oracle changing up the tests, it is more extra work for you than us test-takers!

Anyway, aside from a few tiny grammar problems here and there, the main issue I noticed in the first chapter is that some otherwise very helpful mini-diagrams showing directory structure have a repeated typo that I am almost certain is unintended.

pp. 21, 24, 25, Sections 1.8.1 and 1.8.3 have little illustrations of directory structure resulting from working the steps in the text.
In all three of these illustrations, the name of the source file is typo'd to Acccount.java from Account.java

My mind went to throwing all sorts of exceptions wondering "Wait, could you ever make that happen or not?" which is an interesting question but not what we are supposed to be focusing on here.

I hope many, many more students continue to use the material in this excellent book in one form or another. I myself am certainly intending to fully complete the book in pursuit of the 819, and for a rock-solid foundation for all my other Java studies.

Cheers,
Jesse

admin
Site Admin

Re: 1Z0-815 Book (Second Edition, August 1, 2020 Build 2.1): Typo in Chapter 1 figures

Post by admin »

Hi Jesse,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to know that you liked the book.
Yes, it should be Account instead of Account. Duly noted.

thank you for your feedback!
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.