"Drag and Drop" questions type do not work all the time.

alexandern

"Drag and Drop" questions type do not work all the time.

Post by alexandern »

I am not able to drag and drop for most questions. If I try to grab an answer (by LMC+hold on the blue text) it seem to not recognize the click reliably.

For example, enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1034 I cannot D&D any of the answers.
Other D&D questions behave funny (e.g. I can D&D one of the possible answer, but if I click on an other text, it resets).

I had a few questions were it worked with no problems. Sorry, can't remember which the exact question nrs.

I am using jdk 10.0.1. Maybe that's the problem?

Here's the output on the command prompt when I start the desktop app:

--------------------------------
G:\Development\Oracle Java Certification\enthuware>java -jar etsviewer.jar
JVM Vendor : Oracle Corporation
JVM VM Vendor : "Oracle Corporation"
JVM Version: 10.0.1
Java User Dir: G:\Development\Oracle Java Certification\enthuware
user.name: xxxx
user.home: C:\Users\xxxx
-DfontSizeIncrement=null
-DuseAWTFileDialog=null
-Dswing.defaultlaf=null
-Dbgcolor=null
L&F In Use : [The Microsoft Windows Look and Feel - com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel]
ETS_INIT: INITED
User Data Dir: D:\Downloads\Develop\Java\Oracle Java Certification\enthuware\ETSWF_com_enthuware_ets_oca-jp-i_v8
----------------------------

admin
Site Admin

Re: "Drag and Drop" questions type do not work all the time.

Post by admin »

Hi,
I have fwded this to our dev team and they will check it out on Java 10.

thank you,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

elsheepo

Post by elsheepo »

alexandern wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:28 pm
I am using jdk 10.0.1. Maybe that's the problem?
I had this same issue running jdk-10. After installing jdk1.8.0_172 and pointing my system JAVA_HOME path variable to the jdk-1.8's home directory, the Drag and Drops now work fine.

You can download jdk1.8.0_172 here, and to change your system path variable, follow the documentation here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are right. Unable to d&d enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.1034 Not sure why. Some other dnds are working fine.
Dev team is looking into it.

Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The problem has been identified and resolved as follows -

This problem occurs only with movable pieces that are reusable and use HTML for display. Reusable meaning, the same piece can be used multiple times to fill multiple targets. "Use HTML" meaning, they are not just plain labels but labels that contain HTML. For example, the label "true" is actually <html><b>true</b><html>. HTML is used to create make them bold.

When such a piece is dragged, a duplicate component is added to the view and this new component is the component that is moved. However, something has changed in Java 10 that is causing the view to not display the newly added component.

The fix is to remove HTML tags from the piece. This change is done in the question bank file. There is no change in the s/w. The drawback is that users may find it a bit inconvenient to find small blue colored movables in the view.

Question bank for OCAJP 8 has been updated. Others will be updated shortly.