Do I need to work based off the terminal or can I use IDE?

Oracle Certified Foundations Associate Java Certification Questions and Discussion
1Z0-811

Moderator: admin

aks0961

Do I need to work based off the terminal or can I use IDE?

Post by aks0961 »

hey, first off thanks a lot for making this book, I'm using it right now to study for the 1Z0-811 exam

So I know that since the beginning of the book, it looks like rather than using an IDE you are using the terminal to run the code. Since I already have some experience with coding I am familiar with using Eclipse. So my question is, Is it okay if I use Eclipse to follow with the book or would I have to run my code through the terminal, the same are you did in the book?

Thanks! :D

aks0961

Re: Do I need to work based off the terminal or can I use IDE?

Post by aks0961 »

also, can you please go over what the throw exception does in the main method? And also explain a bit more about command line arguments?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Do I need to work based off the terminal or can I use IDE?

Post by admin »

1. We recommend using the command line if you are a beginner for reasons explained here: https://enthuware.com/oca-ocp-java-cert ... cation-ide

2. It is not really possible to explain a whole topic in a forum post. You will learn about exceptions and the command line arguments as you read through the book. After you go through it, if you have a specific doubt, post it here and we can help.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.