Moderator: admin

LeshaRB

Default folder

Post by LeshaRB »

OS MacOS

cd Work/Test
java -jar etsviewer.jar

How do I change the default folder?
Now when I download the tests, they all fit into the root (and my progress)

I want them to lie down next to the etsviewer.jar file

admin
Site Admin

Re: Default folder

Post by admin »

ETS Viewer works just like Word or PDF viewer. Just like you open a pdf file with Adobe Reader (or another pdf s/w), you open an ets file (i.e. the question bank file) with ETS Viewer. You can keep the question bank file i.e. the file with .ets extension such as 1z0819.ets or japv6.ets anywhere you want.

You can download ets files from our website or click on the appropriate link displayed on the main screen of ETS Viewer. Then use ETS Viewer's File->Open menu to open the ets file.

For changing the default location of your test history and notes, see this: https://enthuware.com/faq-categories/10 ... e-machines

Let us know if you need further help setting it up. Please post the output displayed when you run ETSViewer.jar on the command line so that we can understand the situation better.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

LeshaRB

Post by LeshaRB »

Last login: Fri Jun 4 07:40:15 on console
alex@Aleksejs-MacBook-Pro  ~   main ±  cd Work/Test
alex@Aleksejs-MacBook-Pro  ~/Work/Test   main ±  java -jar etsviewer.jar
ETSV Version: 4.15 Build 20210507
JVM Vendor : AdoptOpenJDK
JVM Version: 1.8.0_292
JVM VM Vendor: AdoptOpenJDK
user.name: alex
user.home: /Users/alex
isHeadless: null
-DfontSizeIncrement=null
-DuseAWTFileDialog=null
-Dswing.defaultlaf=null
-Dbgcolor=null
-Dtextcolor=null
-Dexplcolor=null
-Dtooltipdismissdelay=null
Setting Tooltip Dismiss Deley to 2000milliseconds.
L&F In Use : [Aqua Look and Feel for Mac OS X - com.apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel]
ETS_INIT: INITED

I launch from this directory - cd Work/Test and there are already ets files
But the program still downloads everything in user.home: / Users / alex

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's only because you are clicking on the links given on the main screen. Don't click on them. As I mentioned before, use ETS Viewer's File->Open menu to open the ets file. It will pop up a File Chooser dialog in which you can select the ets file from wherever you want.

Further, once you open the ets file, you can change its work folder to which ever folder you want (as per the article referred above).

The above steps need to be done only once. When you close ETS Viewer (while the question bank is still open inside the viewer), it remembers the last file open and when you run the viewer again, it reopens that file. So, there is no need to click on those shortcut links displayed on the main screen.

Also, I would suggest you to not worry about where the ets files are stored. user/home is the right place for it (because that is where user data is stored and no additional permissions are required to keep files there) and it is best if you leave them there. The work folder is also created under user/home and it is best to leave it there. You can change it but there is no benefit (unless you want to put it in a shared drive).

BTW, when you say "downloads everything", actually there is nothing to download except the question bank (ets file) file. That is just one file. So I am not sure why that is a big issue. Please let us know if there is a specific reason why you don't like that so that we can improve the design to make it better.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.