Java 7 OCP to Java 8 OCP upgrade

Moderator: admin

jjava8

Java 7 OCP to Java 8 OCP upgrade

Post by jjava8 »

Hi

I have Java 7 OCP and would like to get certified for Java 8. Do you know if you will be releasing mock exams for the java 7 to 8 upgrade exam soon? If yes - what is your timeline? If no - what tools would you suggest I use out of Enthuware's set of existing tools?

Side questions: can you tell me if I would I be better prepared for the 7-8 upgrade exam or the OCA/OCP exam by using your currently existing tools? Do you know if I will retain both OCP 7 and OCP 8 status if I take the OCA&OCP 8 all over again as opposed to the Java 7-8 upgrade? Does it even make sense taking them all over again?

Thanks
Jake

admin
Site Admin

Re: Java 7 OCP to Java 8 OCP upgrade

Post by admin »

jjava8 wrote:Hi

I have Java 7 OCP and would like to get certified for Java 8. Do you know if you will be releasing mock exams for the java 7 to 8 upgrade exam soon?
No.
If yes - what is your timeline? If no - what tools would you suggest I use out of Enthuware's set of existing tools?
You can try any OCPJP 8 book and read the topics relevant for this exam.
Side questions: can you tell me if I would I be better prepared for the 7-8 upgrade exam or the OCA/OCP exam by using your currently existing tools?
Your best option is to just go for the 7-8 upgrade exam. None of our currently available tools are suitable for it though.
Do you know if I will retain both OCP 7 and OCP 8 status if I take the OCA&OCP 8 all over again as opposed to the Java 7-8 upgrade? Does it even make sense taking them all over again?

Thanks
Jake
Since you are OCPJP7 certified, you will always remain OCPJP 7 certified. If you pass the 7-8 upgrade exam, you will gain the OCPJP 8 certification on top of that. Even if you go OCA8+OCP8 route, you will still retain the 7 certification as well as gain the 8 certification. But again, it doesn't make sense for you to take the OCA8 exam. Take the OCP 7-8 upgrade exam.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

jjava8

Post by jjava8 »

Thanks for your quick response and your suggestion, Paul, I will probably go for the upgrade directly.

If we consider that I'll do that, would it make sense to practice OCA 8 questions as well as the OCP 8 ones?

Thanks
Jake

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, the 7 to 8 upgrade exam includes questions on all Java 8 related topics irrespective of whether are included in OCA8 or OCP 8. You should check official exam objectives here: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_pro ... id:1Z0-810
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

KarineKaylor

Post by KarineKaylor »

I never have taken any previous Sun Certification, I would like to take the exam for java 7, in this case ¿what is best?, take the exam for java 6 and upgrade to java 7 (SCJP SE 7) or to take OCAJP SE 7 SE 7 and OCPJP SE 7 directly?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KarineKaylor wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:51 am
I never have taken any previous Sun Certification, I would like to take the exam for java 7, in this case ¿what is best?, take the exam for java 6 and upgrade to java 7 (SCJP SE 7) or to take OCAJP SE 7 SE 7 and OCPJP SE 7 directly?
Either of the options are fine. I would prefer OCAJP 7 + OCPJP 7 because it is more recent.

Also, you should seriously consider OCAJP 8 + OCPJP 8 instead of the SE 7 versions. Effort required for SE 7 and SE 8 is same.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

8 is the current and most recent. Now, don't ask why recent is better :D