I lose too much time analyzing some questions

Moderator: admin

dalibo

I lose too much time analyzing some questions

Post by dalibo »

Hi,
i have a problem that by trying to figure out what is going on in some complicated question (weird loops, several layers inheritance) i lose precious minutes and find myself out of time before i did all the questions. I did 2 test by now, i managed to do around 70 questions both times. I am quite happy with my knowledge but i feel a little too slow, so i though maybe someone who had similar problem could help a bit.
I was wondering what about other people, has anyone had issues with time and how did they better/faster :D themselves?

Are there some tips i could work on, like, do the easiest then the hardest, always first look at the main method, always check modifiers before analyzing class or something... Cos sometimes i think i'm over thinking all the possible traps and then miss the obvious.
Are the questions on the real exam labeled like you did on your mock tests - very easy, easy, hard...?

I am thankful on any pointers on how to avoid losing seconds and minutes while doing the test. By the way, your software is great, i am really enjoying it and learning a lot! Thanks.

shareef.hiasat

Re: I lose too much time analyzing some questions

Post by shareef.hiasat »

Fast Tip:
I Advise you to start with Leither System appraoch but 500 question took me about
(500 + 200) * 3min = 35 hours which is not a small time knowing i spent 200 hours on Manning book too

* 200 means i had 200 questions wrong after first round so i answered 500 and 200 the missed ones
* 3min depends you may need to test the code your sellf

dalibo

Post by dalibo »

Thanks for the tip! I already used the Leitner system and it's really helpful, but also realized that the main reason for losing time is that i'm not at the level where i should be with my knowledge/practice. After i religiously analyzed every concept and question explanation from first two tests, plus all the other million resources, :), i had like 70% on 3rd mock test and did it on time. I think there is no magic tip for what i though my problem was, being slow on understanding the question and answering it, it's just you need to be on undeniable level of knowledge/practice for the question you are answering.

nehaali

Post by nehaali »

thanks for sharing this tip

deveshk

Post by deveshk »

thanx for sharing such wonderful information, it was great to be a part of such forum.:-)

rogerbergman

Post by rogerbergman »

dalibo wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:12 am
Hi,
i have a problem that by trying to figure out what is going on in some complicated question (weird loops, several layers inheritance) i lose precious minutes and find myself out of time before i did all the questions. I did 2 test by now, i managed to do around 70 questions both times. I am quite happy with my knowledge but i feel a little too slow, so i though maybe someone who had similar problem could help a bit.
I was wondering what about other people, has anyone had issues with time and how did they better/faster :D themselves?

Are there some tips i could work on, like, do the easiest then the hardest, always first look at the main method, always check modifiers before analyzing class or something... Cos sometimes i think i'm over thinking all the possible traps and then miss the obvious.
Are the questions on the real exam labeled like you did on your mock tests - very easy, easy, hard...?

I am thankful on any pointers on how to avoid losing seconds and minutes while doing the test. By the way, your software is great, i am really enjoying it and learning a lot! Thanks.
Well Very Very Thanks too You Dalibo You Sharred This Types Of Situation With Us Great Work And Keep It Up Thanks Again..............