About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.207 :

Moderator: admin

bluster

About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.207 :

Post by bluster »

Apologies if slightly off-topic. Wanted to raise a quick point about the "mandatoryness" of the TLD file location. I believe I saw mentioned here (and am positive I saw mentioned in K&B) that TLDs must go underneath WEB-INF. Researching this question I found Oracle online documentation that seems to suggest this is not mandatory:
It is a good idea to store the tag library descriptor file under the WEB-INF directory so it is not publicly available over an HTTP request.
I am aware this is hair-splitting, but if we run into a hair-splitting exam question, it is advisable to know exactly which way the follicle particles go. Say we are to evaluate the statement "placement of tld files underneath WEB-INF is mandatory", as true or false. What should the answer be?

Thanks for clarification, if possible.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13222_01/wls ... ml#1017621

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.207 :

Post by admin »

As per Section JSP.7.3.1 of JSP 2.0 specification :
Tag library descriptor files have names that use the extension .tld, and the
extension indicates a tag library descriptor file. When deployed inside a JAR file,
the tag library descriptor files must be in the META-INF directory, or a subdirectory
of it. When deployed directly into a web application, the tag library descriptor
files must always be in the WEB-INF directory, or some subdirectory of it.
TLD
files should not be placed in /WEB-INF/classes or /WEB-INF/lib.
So Oracle's online document is not accurate.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

bluster

Re: About Question com.enthuware.ets.scwcd.v5.2.207 :

Post by bluster »

It certainly helped. Thanks a lot!