SecurityManager and AccessControl sources to learn

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

st3ven

SecurityManager and AccessControl sources to learn

Post by st3ven »

Hello,

I am trying to understand these topics about security unfortunately I havent found much material on this topic on internet. Everytime when I got question with doPrivileged I dont feel confident.

I read this whole page https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... guide.html which gave me some idea about it but its still not enough.
I have book from Selikoff and AccessController.doPrivileged is not even mentioned there.
I havent found anything on youtube, I tried to check videos content of OCP courses on udemy havent found anything. Pluralsight also 0.

I would appreciate video with some examples and explanation of the concept. As I said I understood some basics like everything in stack has same privileges and you can change them with doPrivileged for specific method but then I dont understand ProtectionDomain and probably also other things.

its also little bit hard to try it locally

does anyone have any sources to understand this topic?

admin
Site Admin

Re: SecurityManager and AccessControl sources to learn

Post by admin »

Yes, it is a hard topic to comprehend and moreover, all that stuff including security manager is also deprecated, so there is no point in spending too much time on it.

My suggestion is this: Just go through all the questions involving security from our question bank. Go through their explanations. That is all you need for the exam. If you still want to do hands on practice with this, then you will have to actually write test programs and play with the method calls using help from the link that you posted above.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

st3ven

Re: SecurityManager and AccessControl sources to learn

Post by st3ven »

thanks for reply. I tried to create custom policy and test giving permission to the file with ProtectionDomain but its just not working. really terrible topic to understand :(