About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.2014 :

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

Badem48

Re: About Question enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.2014 :

Post by Badem48 »

I see, thank you for your response, I was thinking about that but not sure.

janpaulbrasser88

Post by janpaulbrasser88 »

I am pretty sceptical on that the oracle java exam would trick people who take a java-specific exam with a question about general programming (multiple inheritance of interfaces or classes) where java specifically is an outlier (does not support inheritance of multiple classes).

How was this question created? Is it from an actual exam or did you create it yourself?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not sure what is the issue here. Java does have multiple inheritance of type. Oracle tutorial page (linked above) also says the same. The option clearly writes and/or.

The questions in our questions are not exactly the same as in the exam but based on what is asked in the exam. Except the ones in Foundation test, which are more for getting the basics right.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

janpaulbrasser88

Post by janpaulbrasser88 »

As far as I have read the link you provided, it appears to me that this is the line you were referring to:
"he Java programming language supports multiple inheritance of type, which is the ability of a class to implement more than one interface. "
If this is indeed what you are referring to, it does not state: "one or more interface or class".
Therefore, it is my understanding that this possible answer is incorrect.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Point 1: Java supports multiple inheritance of type but only by letting a class implement multiple interfaces.
Point 2: Multiple inheritance of type (in general) can be achieved by implementing multiple interfaces or by extending multiple classes. Java allows only 1 of the two possibilities.

But it doesn't matter much because I think you understood the concept. It is a theoretical question only.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.