About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.236 :

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

rkbansal83

About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.236 :

Post by rkbansal83 »

how this question is different from enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.235 ?
I believe we should not have any duplicate questions in question bank.

rkbansal83

Re: About Question enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.236 :

Post by rkbansal83 »

Questions enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.237 and enthuware.ocejws.v6.2.238 also seems to be duplicate. So as per my understanding v6.2.235,236,237 and 238 all are same .

May I know why is the case ?

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

The problem statement of those questions have some subtle differences that are important to know, but I agree they sort of look alike. I will consider rewriting those.

Thank you for your feedback!

fyi: I got a couple of very similar questions on my real exam

Regards,
Frits

rkbansal83

Post by rkbansal83 »

Thanks Frits,

May be I missed something in those problem statements which are important to grasp ?
Can you please point me out to those subtle differences . That will be of real help

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

The differences were about what kind of clients the original EJB had. For an EJB you can have both local RMI-client as remote RMI-clients, apart from that you can have a local EJB-client and a remote EJB-client. The local RMI-clients reside on the same server, the remote RMI-clients can be on a different server (machine).

A local EJB-client resides in the same JVM as the EJB (more precisely the EJB spec requires only clients in the same ear to be supported). A remote EJB-client is similar to the remote RMI-client.

Nowadays you won't bother about RMI-clients as this is not used anymore but I guess Oracle didn't want to change all the questions for the EE6 certification exam. The fact that EJBs are build on top of RMI makes it still possible for a RMI client to talk to an EJB (that is important to know so that you won't get confused on the exam). RMI also means that the client is written in Java.

If you understand that exposing the existing EJB as a WebService doesn't necessarily mean re-factoring existing code, no matter what kind of clients you were having for the existing EJB then that should be enough to answer those kind of questions in the real exam. ;)

Regards,
Frits

austinor

Post by austinor »

Is there a name of pattern or something for the kind of use case described for the web service here?
(Just guessing, but is that an example of a 'web service broker'?)

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

Yes, that is an example of the Web Service broker.