About Question enthuware.oce-jpad.v6.2.454 :

Moderator: admin

madouat

About Question enthuware.oce-jpad.v6.2.454 :

Post by madouat »

I've doubt about this answer (it should be false false).
Since CheckingAccount is of type Account and c.evict(Account.class) will remove all account class and it's subtypes. So, c.evict(Account.class, 31) should remove CheckingAccount instance with PK 31.

Regards,

admin
Site Admin

Re: About Question enthuware.oce-jpad.v6.2.454 :

Post by admin »

You could be right, but the specification is not clear about it. That is what the explanation also says:
The Cache API documentation for evict(class), clearly mentions that all instances of the class *and its subclasses* are evicted. However, when you call evict(class, PK), the API does not mention anything about a subclass. Thus, it can be interpreted only the instance of the given class with the given primary key will be evicted.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

stiekemaj

Post by stiekemaj »

Although I agree with the vagueness of the API, I really hope that the real exam will not contain this kind of questions that can only be answered correctly when you know this kind of futile details by heart.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You might find a couple of such questions. We have included a few such questions in the question bank only to make you aware of this issue.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Viorel Ghelbert

Post by Viorel Ghelbert »

Hi,

In EclipseLink v2.5.2

Code: Select all

Cache c = emf.getCache();

Boolean flag1 = c.contains(Account.class, 31);
Boolean flag2 = c.contains(CheckingAccount.class, 31);
System.out.println(flag1 + " " + flag2);

c.evict(Account.class, 31);

flag1 = c.contains(Account.class, 31);
flag2 = c.contains(CheckingAccount.class, 31);
System.out.println(flag1 + " " + flag2);
yields
true true
false false
BTW, the JavaDoc for Cache#contains(Class cls, Object primaryKey) also does not explicitly specify whether subclasses should be included. EclipseLink thinks they should, that's why even before calling evict it does *not* print
false true
Personally, I think the semantics of all these 3 methods w.r.t. subclasses was intended to be the same, because it's more convenient, and it's probably how most of the providers implemented it and also how the exam would expect us to answer.

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

With regard to how EclipseLink implements this Cache.evict() method, I cannot rely on any provider's implementation.
Some provider implements this without following the specification.