Undesired line breaks in answers in web/mobile studio

enlait

Undesired line breaks in answers in web/mobile studio

Post by enlait »

Good day.
I am using web/mobile test studio, and noticed a number of answer have confusing line breaks where they should not (for example enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.860 enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.888).

From looking at the page source code, answer elements are being wrapped around because they don't have their width specified, and end up being quite narrow. A solution would be to specify width=100% to answer elements and their containers (namely, <table> elements), so that answers have the same width as the question.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Undesired line breaks in answers in web/mobile studio

Post by admin »

Hi,
I checked the two questions you mentioned and a couple of options that are wrapped are supposed to be wrapped around because that is how the code in question is written. It has println instead of print.
But I will check out other questions and also refer this to our dev team.

Thank you very much for your feedback,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

enlait

Post by enlait »

Ok it seems the problem isn't universal across browsers. It seems fine in IE, but firefox dev edition, which I use mostly, does render answers in a strange way. I took some screenshots. (Hope that's not violation of terms of use, I only shot answer part).

This is an answer block:

And here is page source for the third answer:

You can clearly see that there's an explicit line break between lines "a = class AA" and "aa = class AA"; but the line "a = class AA" should not be wrapped. It is kinda obvious in this question, but was more confusing in another one.

I will test it with other browsers when I come to work. It will probably work fine in chrome and break in firefox release channel, but that's just a guess.
From my point of view (I do some web developing too) specifying "width:100%" for <table> containers via either css or inline styles (GWT element properties) should be the way to go, if it helps your dev team. Of course they should first test if it breaks anything.

Update:
Yes, problem persists in different versions of firefox, including 37.0.1 (latest stable).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks again for your information. It will certainly help our dev to fix the issue.
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.