Unreadable text in the Study References nodes

gmarshall56

Unreadable text in the Study References nodes

Post by gmarshall56 »

When I click on the "ExceptionClassSummary" node in the Study References node on the Study View tab I see the following:
%PDF-1.3 %Çì�¢ 5 0 obj > stream xœí\]sܶ}ß_±}ên›¥�

I've asked this question before: Where am I to find readable versions of the Study References? thank you
Gary

admin
Site Admin

Re: Unreadable text in the Study References nodes

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,
When you double click on a Study Reference, it extracts the file to ETS Viewer installation directory also. You can open it from there. Usually, it opens directly, but it fails when there is no file extension-viewer mapping on the machine.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Post by Guest »

Paul:
These are the files in my C:\Program Files\Enthuware\ETSViewer directory:
etsviewer.cfg
etsviewer.exe
etsviewer.ico
etsviewer.jar
etsvieweruninstall.ico
unins000.dat
unins000.exe

I don't see anything here that has anything to do with the Study Reference. What am I missing?
thank you
Gary

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, probably the application does not have permission to create a file at that location. This is also probably why it is not directly opening Acrobat reader. Try running it as admin and it should work.

Meanwhile, I have emailed you both the documents.

HTH,
Paul.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.

Post by Guest »

Paul:

Thank you. I did start the ETSViewer program as administrator and then I was able to view the documents as promised. I think you are correct: I am using Vista and the User Access Control program must be preventing files to be opened/written unless the program is being run as administrator. Running as administrator I now have a copy of the CollectionUsage.pdf file in the ETSViewer directory.
Thanks again
Gary