Any other questions about best practice and design

Moderators: Site Manager, fjwalraven

himaiMinh

Any other questions about best practice and design

Post by himaiMinh »

I heard that there are 12 questions on the best practice and design on the real exam. When I read the study guides and these mock exams, they covers some topics on SOA, the relationship of SOA and web services, asynchronous service, web service broker and JMS bridge.

What else best practice/design topics may be covered?

fjwalraven

Re: Any other questions about best practice and design

Post by fjwalraven »

not everybody gets the same number of questions on an exam. You can get something between 9 and 12 questions on this topic (probably)

The topics you mention are the ones that we know of, but Oracle didn't give any details about the topic so that makes it difficult to prepare for.

Regards,
Frits

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

What will make everyone worried and aware of is that some best practice / design questions may come from some articles or books we haven't read. If we miss all 9-12 these kind of questions, we may be at the risk of failing the exam.

fjwalraven

Post by fjwalraven »

Yeah, I agree, that makes this certification more difficult than the others. Not everything can be retrieved from books or the specs.

But if you prepare well you will be able to reason what the correct answers should be. I am sure you won't fail all of them (the way you are thorough ;) )

Regards,
Frits

himaiMinh

Post by himaiMinh »

Thanks for your reply.

For other mock exam users, regarding to best practice/design,
based on some other information, I personally think we may need to know some concepts about the Core J2EE design pattern like: Web Service Broker, Session Facade and Business Delegate, just in case we are asked during the exam.

And also, we may be asked the reason why we need to refactor a synchronous web service into asynchronous web service. The reasons are:
1. a human needs to use the business logic of the web service. (In my opinion, if the web service is asynchronous and not being blocked for responding to any request, a human can use it as it is not blocked.)
2. when some external resources have limited availability. ( In my opinion, for example, a synchronous web service is blocked for processing one request and accessing some external resources exclusively to work on the response. Other clients will wait until the external resource become available again. But on the other hand, an asynchronous web service is not blocked for one request. This asyn web service can process multiple requests from multiple clients using JMS. The external resources is not accessed exclusively and being time shared.