pg 397: module directory need step by step procedure to create the file structure on the book.

Help and support on OCA OCP Java Programmer Certification Questions
1Z0-808, 1Z0-809, 1Z0-815, 1Z0-816, 1Z0-817

Moderator: admin

amanendeshaw

pg 397: module directory need step by step procedure to create the file structure on the book.

Post by amanendeshaw »

my intelliji IDEA IDE can't neither create simpleinterest directory nor simpleinterest module under src directory .I can only create package under src folder.
Can I get step by step procedure to create the file structure on the book.
Thanks
Attachments
Pg 397 - moduletestXsrcXdirXstruct (1).png
Pg 397 - moduletestXsrcXdirXstruct (1).png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: pg 397: module directory need step by step procedure to create the file structure on the book.

Post by admin »

Every IDE has its own way of doing things, which may not necessarily match with each other. I don't have IDEA so I can't help you with that but you can create the given directory structure either from the command line or from File Explorer.

Open a cmd prompt and cd to the folder where you are creating your module test programs. If you are following the book's structure, cd to c:\ocp11\moduletest

Now use the following commands:

c:\ocp11\moduletest>mkdir src
c:\ocp11\moduletest>cd src
c:\ocp11\moduletest>mkdir simpleinterest
c:\ocp11\moduletest>cd simpleinterest
c:\ocp11\moduletest>mkdir simpleinterest

That's pretty much it. You can now create the files in appropriate directories as given in the book and then run the commands on the command line exactly as given in the book to compile and run the code. Just follow EXACTLY as given in the book and it will work.

I will suggest you to first get the example given in the book working by following the exact steps given in the book and then you may use the IDE and use the IDE's features to create a modular project.
If you like our products and services, please help us by posting your review here.